The XPOL-2-5G-US is Poynting's third generation "V3" of this very popular Cross Polarized (XPOL). cellular band, 2X2 MIMO antenna. The antenna enclosure effectively looks the same as the second generation "V2" but has been completely redesigned on the inside. We have used advanced metamaterial technology, making use of Artificial Magnetic Conductors (AMC) and new registered/patent pending radiator configuration, which is proving to yield exceptional improvements in bandwidth and gain. Radiation patterns of this antenna are exceptionally well controlled, further adding lo the performance of the antenna.
The XPOL-2-5G-US antenna includes the 617 to 894 MHz band and the newer 3400 - 3800 MHz bands. which were not previously covered by our V2 and is suitable for 2G, 3G, 4G & 5G. This antenna performs exceptionally well in the following frequency bonds: 617 - 894 MHz. 1710- 2170 MHz, 2300- 2700 MHz & 3400- 3800 MHz. In addition to the new bands, the gain in the 1700 MHz and 2.7 GHz is around 3 dB higher than the "V2" over the same frequency bands! Our "V2" antenna already outperformed most competitors over these bands, so this substantial improvement in gain shows the benefits of the new advanced materials and novel radiator design.
Complete Specifications on Documentation Tab.
- 2-3dB higher gain over all the bands compared to "V2" Includes 617 to 894 MHz for US applications
- New 3400 to 3800 MHz, 5G band with 11 dBi gain Consistent broadband performance
- X-Polarised 2X2 MIMO Antenna
- Wall or pole mountable
- Lightweight & Rugged
- Weatherproof & waterproof (IP65)
- High pattern consistency across bands for 4G/5G carrier aggregation
- 5 Meter 195 cable leads with 2x SMA Male
- Outdoor antenna for Fixed Wireless Access (FWA) Consumer LTE/SG internet connectivity
- Industrial & Commercial LTE/SG deployments Urban and rural household reception enhancement Agricultural & Farming LTE/5G data distribution Power, Energy & Water telemetry access
- Oil & Gas communication systems
- Municipal & Government systems
- Repeaters & coverage enhancement amplifiers
This product includes a directional antenna. Directional antennas must be pointed towards a cellular tower to perform optimally. Directional antennas typically have a field of vision of approximately 10-25 degrees and, when pointed properly, achieve exceptional performance for long range applications. Directional antennas are often best suited for fixed installation applications, such as rural home or office use, but can also be used in mobile applications where customers are comfortable aiming the antenna at the correct cell tower.
*For customers with dual modem applications note that if you are using multiple cellular providers, cellular towers may be located in different directions from one another making a single directional antenna difficult to use on more than one provider. Consider an omni directional antenna for this application or multiple directional antennas based on your use case.
This device is FirstNet Ready! FirstNet is the nationwide public safety communications platform dedicated to America's first responders. Being built with AT&T, in public-private partnership with the FirstNet Authority, FirstNet utilizes Band-14, which is reserved for public safety but is also being marketed as available to the public for additional bandwidth capacity. In testing Band-14 has been made available during non-emergency situations to the public to provide additional bandwidth and coverages to customers who have a modem that supports FirstNet's Band-14. Not all modems that support Band-14 are "FirstNet Certified" however they typically can connect to Band-14 in most areas. Information on FirstNet certifications can be found on Specification sheets located on the Documentation Tab. Additional information about FirstNet's use and technology can be found in this article from our friends at the RV Mobile Internet Resource Center.
This device supports Band 71. Band 71 is T-Mobile's rural cellular band that operates on 600mhz which provides significant increases in coverage on the T-Mobile network for customers traveling outside of urban areas. 5G ready devices that support Band 71 typically also support Band 71n which is the 5G band for T-Mobile. Note that not all devices are 5G devices so check the listing above but with or without 5G you will still achieve increased coverage on the T-Mobile network with any device that supports Band 71. For more information about Band 71, check out the Band 71 Guide from our friends at the Mobile Internet Resource Center.
Join & Save 10%
Access discount pricing not available to the public and save on your first purchase. Exclusive educational content and forum access. Earn 2x reward points on all purchases good towards future items. Membership can pay for itself with your first purchase.
Want to know even more?
We have partnered with the Mobile Internet Resource Center to help education and answer all your questions about mobile internet. MobileMustHave Members gain exclusive access to content and special discounts. Click below to learn more.
Why Choose Us
Pick the Mobile Internet Experts
The MobileMustHave Team has 50+ years of combined expertise in networking and Information Technology. We are RVers too, and we put each product we sell through rigorous testing in our own RV.
In Case you missed it!
Mobile Internet Bundles
Take the guess work out of selecting components by hand. Our bundles combine everything you need into a single package at a discounted bundle price.
- Joshua P.Verified BuyerReviewingPoynting XPOL Directional Cellular AntennaI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoeasy install, cheap cost and effective
Does just what it should. Spend the time to point and it provides a good boost in signal as compared to a omnidirectional when on the fringe.
- Nikos S.Verified BuyerReviewingPoynting XPOL Directional Cellular AntennaI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoSuper helpful!
This antenna was a game changer! Without it I was getting average of 5Mbps download, but with it my speeds jumped up to between 10-20Mbps. Definitely recommend!
- David H.Verified BuyerReviewingPoynting XPOL Directional Cellular AntennaI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoThe right antenna makes the diffrance
I’m located in a rural area 5 miles from the nearest cell tower with hills and trees soraounding my loacation.The LTE signal was unusable until I connected the Poynting brand XPOL to my new MAX-BR1-BC70. The Poynting XPOL increased the signal from unusable to usable and reliable even when bench testing indoors! I looking forward to mount this antenna on the roof.
- Bob H.Verified BuyerReviewingPoynting XPOL Directional Cellular AntennaI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoGreat Antenna
I purchased two of these antenna to use at my rural house to point directly at the two provider towers and they work great. I have been pleased at how much better a signal I can get over my persec 7.1 which is a great antenna itself. The directional antenna is enough better to make it worth the investment to have them. I can also use them for a backup when I am on the road in my camper. This was not the first antenna I purchased when looking for a good antenna and MobileMustHave was great in letting me return the first one before I purchased and settled on these. Great product and MMH is a great company to work with and I would recommend them and all their products because they sand behind them with their great service. Thanks MMH.
- David R.Verified BuyerReviewingPoynting XPOL Directional Cellular AntennaI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoGreat Antenna
Can say enough about this antenna. We use it with our balance 20x and cat6 modem and our service in the middle of no where crushes our previous provider, hughes net, speeds!
- David J.Verified BuyerReviewingPoynting XPOL Directional Cellular AntennaI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 year agoOutstanding!
This antenna is awesome. When connected to my modem it doubled the speed. Using the extension pole makes a great pair and easily attaches to my fifth wheel. Best of all is the customer service.
- Bob M.Verified BuyerReviewingPoynting XPOL Directional Cellular AntennaI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 years agoExcellent Antenna
I purchased this antenna as a backup solution to my Parsec 7:1. It really does an awesome job pulling in a signal in those hard-to-reach towers. I count on the internet for work so having a solid cell signal is a must while full-timing. This gets it done!! Thanks MMH!!