This ground plane provides a suitable grounding plane surface for just about any antenna. Since antennas have a variety of cable entry sizes we have left this ground plane without a center hole so that you can drill your own hole using a hole saw or drill bit available at any hardware store for a wide variety of custom installation applications. Ground planes improve signal reception on many cellular antennas and are suitable for use on fiberglass and other non metal roofs that may not provide a suitable substrate for the antenna to operate properly (check antenna specifications for if a ground plane is needed. By adding this optional ground plane your antenna will perform on non metal surfaces common in the RV and boating industry. Ground planes do not require "grounding" or a wire connected to earth/ground. The purpose of the ground plane is to provide an antenna substrate that optimizes signal reflection back into the antenna receivers. For additional questions please contact us.
Construction: 1/16 inch aluminum in 10 inch diameter
Join & Save 10%
Access discount pricing not available to the public and save on your first purchase. Exclusive educational content and forum access. Earn 2x reward points on all purchases good towards future items. Membership can pay for itself with your first purchase.
Want to know even more?
We have partnered with the Mobile Internet Resource Center to help education and answer all your questions about mobile internet. MobileMustHave Members gain exclusive access to content and special discounts. Click below to learn more.
Why Choose Us
Pick the Mobile Internet Experts
The MobileMustHave Team has 50+ years of combined expertise in networking and Information Technology. We are RVers too, and we put each product we sell through rigorous testing in our own RV.
In Case you missed it!
Mobile Internet Bundles
Take the guess work out of selecting components by hand. Our bundles combine everything you need into a single package at a discounted bundle price.
- Scott R.Verified BuyerReviewing16" Aluminum Ground PlaneI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 stars1 month ago16" Aluminum Ground Plane
Very nice thick grounding plane, would have been a five star if the center hole was all ready drilled in it. Mounted on top of my Home Depot 12x12 plastic box on the roof of my coach.
- Gary F.Verified BuyerReviewing16" Aluminum Ground PlaneI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months ago16" Aluminum Ground Plane
Used under mu ant, hope it helps.
- Ashleigh S.Verified BuyerReviewing16" Aluminum Ground PlaneI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars4 months agoDoes the job but could offer a pre-cut hole.
Great addition and was easy enough to cut with a hole saw for our install but it would be nice if we had an option of a pre-cut hole to mount the antenna.
- Clifford H.Verified BuyerReviewing16" Aluminum Ground PlaneI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars5 months agoPerfect
Bought this for my coach. Works like a champ
- Wayne R.Verified BuyerReviewing16" Aluminum Ground PlaneI recommend this productRated 4 out of 5 stars5 months agoGreat except
I know it does not apply to all people, but it would have been nice to have a center hole punched out.
- Damon Z.Verified BuyerReviewing16" Aluminum Ground PlaneI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars5 months agoGood finish, easy to cut with a hole saw
This was very easy to prep for install. I sanded it smooth and painted it white for an install on my motorhome. Then cut a 1 1/2" hole for the antenna mount. It was very easy to work with, thick enough to prevent warping but easy to drill.
- Paul P.Verified BuyerReviewing16" Aluminum Ground PlaneI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars7 months agoGround Plane
Great and easy to install.