Peplink Transit devices are designed to operate in a variety of environmental conditions and utilize solid state technology which use the case of the device to dissipate heat. This is possible because the Peplink Transit series case is made of metal which is excellent at heat dissipation. This heatsink is not required for most installations, but it can add additional cooling properties to certain higher heat installations. For customer looking to install the Transit in high heat environments or for those simply looking to reduce the heat impact to your device MobileMustHave.com has developed a heatsink which can be installed using pre-installed thermal tape material. A heatsink will not allow you to operate your Peplink in environments that are beyond the devices operating temperature but a heatsink will help move the heat off the device into the surrounding air which can then be ventilated more efficiently.
WARNING: You must remove the heatsink before sending your device in for warranty service as this is a 3rd party accessory. A heatsink installed on a device is considered used and non-returnable, test your device prior to installation and only install after your installation is in working order for added cooling. We recommend orienting the Peplink so that the heatsink is located up or on its side with open airspace around the heatsink to help with heat dissipation.
Join & Save 10%
Access discount pricing not available to the public and save on your first purchase. Exclusive educational content and forum access. Earn 2x reward points on all purchases good towards future items. Membership can pay for itself with your first purchase.
Want to know even more?
We have partnered with the Mobile Internet Resource Center to help education and answer all your questions about mobile internet. MobileMustHave Members gain exclusive access to content and special discounts. Click below to learn more.
Why Choose Us
Pick the Mobile Internet Experts
The MobileMustHave Team has 50+ years of combined expertise in networking and Information Technology. We are RVers too, and we put each product we sell through rigorous testing in our own RV.
In Case you missed it!
Mobile Internet Bundles
Take the guess work out of selecting components by hand. Our bundles combine everything you need into a single package at a discounted bundle price.
- Angelo A.Verified BuyerReviewingPeplink Transit Series Heatsink for High Heat InstallationsI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 weeks agoPeplink
- Jeff T.Verified BuyerReviewingPeplink Transit Series Heatsink for High Heat InstallationsI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars1 month agoEasy improvement!
We have our poplink behind our front TV, and it gets HOT! The device itself already tends to run warm, and we would see it start to choke out on the hotter days. Ordered the heat sink, peeled off the tape, and stuck it right on. We put ours on the bottom b/c of the orientation of how we have our antennae and wires running into the unit, and immediately noticed a massive temp drop in the entire cabinet. We do have 2 120mm fans to help with airflow, but the device was just letting so much heat sit around itself that the fans couldn't efficiently reduce the ambient in the space. Now that more of the heat is dissipated into the ambient air, the fans can do their job a lot better! Totally recommend this to everyone, even if you dont have a high heat installation area, as reducing the temps will help prolong the life of your device.
- Craig B.Verified BuyerReviewingPeplink Transit Series Heatsink for High Heat InstallationsI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoPeplink Pepwave Transit Series Heatsink for High Heat Installations
This definitely helps to radiate heat from the unit!
- Chris M.Verified BuyerReviewingPeplink Transit Series Heatsink for High Heat InstallationsI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars2 months agoGreat addition!
This really helped the heat issue...quick shipping also!
- Gil J.Verified BuyerReviewingPeplink Transit Series Heatsink for High Heat InstallationsI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoHeatsink is working!
Our Pepwave Mass Transit Duo has always run hot. So hot, it was often concerning so I installed the Heatsink fins attachment and while the Pepwave is still fairly warm, nothing like it was previous to the install. I'm a fan and certainly happy I made the improvement.
- steven s.Verified BuyerReviewingPeplink Transit Series Heatsink for High Heat InstallationsI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoPepWave - heat sink, OMG.... BEST THING you can do for your PepWave!
Prior to installing the heatsink, I couldn't hold on to the PepWave for more than a couple of minutes. *AFTER* installing the heatsink, OMG... I can actually hold on to the PepWave!
I wish I would have taken a temprature prior to installing the heatsink, but after having installed it, on a very hot day outside, the PepWave is now running at a cool 91-degress!!!!
- Michael Y.Verified BuyerReviewingPeplink Transit Series Heatsink for High Heat InstallationsI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars3 months agoHeat Sink
Purchased the heatsink fom my Max Transit Duo. It installed easy and is working great. Definitely helps with cooling